Nowadays, studying is inextricably linked with the use of computers and laptops. Yes, earlier children and students had to sit for hours in the library, re-read a heap of literature, search among the multitude of materials only for small pieces that they really needed.
No matter what anyone says, having your own laptop for study seriously helps in mastering materials, finding information, writing homework and more.
But choosing the best laptops for study needs to be done very carefully. Often parents make the same mistakes, as a result of which the purchased laptop is not used for its intended purpose.
Criterias of choice
In order to form a rating of the best laptops for study, certain requirements were imposed on the devices.
It is they that allow you to select only those models that are suitable for learning, but they will not be a reason to forget about learning and plunge into the virtual world of modern games .
The current top 10 suitable laptops for study include devices that meet the following requirements:
- Power and performance . Just not above average. Otherwise, a schoolchild or student will probably be tempted to use the device not for teaching, but for playing. And this is the main fear of parents that their child, having begged for a laptop, will not study. And the parents themselves are to blame for buying expensive and powerful devices for their children.
- Cost . These should be budget or mid-budget devices. Devices costing more than 80-100 thousand rubles are not needed to study. They can be useful for work or play, but learning involves performing standard tasks, running programs that do not require high power. And therefore the price for them is appropriate.
- Display . The size is chosen individually. But it is important that the screen is of high quality, preferably with an effective eye protection system. In some cases, it is even relevant to take a hybrid laptop with a touch screen that turns the computer into a tablet.
- Keyboard . The highest quality, convenient and reliable. During the training, you have to press the keys a lot and often . It will be a shame if the keyboard falls apart or gets erased within a year.
- Dimensions and weight . You don’t always have to work on a laptop at home . Therefore, it is better to take the device rather compact, light weight. So it will be easier for children to carry it with them, without experiencing discomfort and problems when transporting it in public transport, for example.
It is these features that you should pay attention to if you are choosing a laptop specifically for study. After all, study, be it school, university or college, does not imply the need for a powerful gaming laptop. Even a budget laptop can be good enough for the task at hand.
To simplify the task of choosing among the top 10 best laptops for study, the ranking was divided into 2 conditional categories:
- Budget models . This is a rating of the most inexpensive laptops, but high-quality and productive enough to allow a child or student to quickly and comfortably complete homework, write term papers, essays, etc. That is, devices purely for study, nothing more;
- Medium budget . Here are collected devices that have an optimal ratio of price and quality. They are a little more expensive, but they are characterized by improved parameters, and will definitely not become outdated in 1-2 years. That is, the choice for the future so that the device will serve, for example, from the first to the last year of university.
The top should start with budget laptops that can become indispensable in the learning process.
The price range is from 25 to 30 thousand rubles. Really a little. But at the same time, the devices themselves demonstrate good performance, are distinguished by good build quality, in addition, they use a decent hardware component for their filling.
This category contains entry-level devices. Their peculiarity is RAM within 4–8 GB, at least a 2-core processor with 4 threads. Intel’s Core i3 processor is a good example.
The display also plays an important role. All models except one support Full HD resolution. Another unit attracted attention with its large screen, although the picture detail here is not the best.
If you want to choose the best, but the most inexpensive laptop for study, then you can safely take one of the following options.
Lenovo IdeaPad L340
The same laptop that does not support Full HD resolution, but offers the largest screen in the category with a diagonal of 17.3 inches. Here the resolution is 1600×900 pixels. Not the worst option, but the price is appropriate. Besides, besides the weak matrix, the device has no other significant drawbacks.
The advantages are worth highlighting:
- good workmanship;
- sensitive and reliable touchpad;
- comfortable keyboard;
- Ryzen 3 processor with a frequency of 3.5 GHz;
- RAM type DDR4 for a good 4 GB;
- internal memory here is 128 GB with SSD, or 1 TB with HHD;
- in autonomous mode due to the battery, the device can work for 7 hours.
Asus VivoBook 15 X512DA
Another state employee who definitely deserves attention. Perfect for performing various tasks in the process of teaching schoolchildren and students.
According to the characteristics, the following points can be distinguished:
- the display has a diagonal of 15.6 inches;
- the screen supports Full HD resolution at 1920 x 1080 pixels;
- 2-core Ryzen 3 is used as a processor;
- there are 4 streams and a frequency in the 2.6-3.5 GHz range;
- average RAM for state employees, that is, 4 GB;
- a 256 GB SSD is offered.
You can only make a complaint about the battery. Its capacity is unlikely to be enough for battery life for more than 6-7 hours. But she is able to quickly charge. Literally 50 minutes, and the charge is compensated for 60%. Moreover , the battery itself is of high quality; after 1–2 years of operation, you will not have to change it.
As for the cost, the model in question will cost from 29 thousand rubles.
Acer Extensa 215 51G
In the category of the best laptop suitable for studying at school or college, this device from Acer is deservedly presented in 2020. This is a basic configuration with relatively modest characteristics. But it is optimal for accompanying a student or schoolchild in the learning process.
Indeed, in all respects, the average version of the laptop, from which you do not expect high performance and gaming capabilities. The user will not be tempted to try and run powerful modern games. None of this will come of it. Only study and work with educational software.
All this is implemented on the following hardware components:
- 15.6-inch display with TN + Film matrix;
- anti-reflective coating;
- processor in the face of Core i3;
- the processor has 4 threads, and its frequency is 4.1 GHz;
- GeForce graphics card from Nvidia;
- SSD format drive with a volume of 128 GB;
- Wi-Fi 5 module;
- simple, but still built-in webcam with a resolution of only 640×480 pixels;
- battery that allows autonomous operation for 9 hours.
The decision of the manufacturer to implement a webcam of this quality looks a little strange. It is quite possible to do without it, and then there would be no complaints about the device for 28 thousand rubles.
Lenovo IdeaPad S340 14
Choosing the best laptops that are perfect for studying at school or any university, this model from Lenovo did not manage to reach the first place. Although the device is excellent in every way.
This is a compact model due to the use of a 14 “display. But it is based on an IPS matrix, which speaks of excellent picture display qualities. It is significantly superior to its previous competitors.
Among the main features are the following:
- the display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels;
- anti-reflective coating is perfectly implemented;
- there is also a webcam, and its resolution is HD;
- at the heart of the hardware filling is the 3200U Ryzen 3 processor;
- 8 GB was allocated for RAM;
- the battery capacity is only 4670 mAh, but this is enough for 8 hours of battery life.
With all this, the unit weighs very little. The weight is 1700 grams.
But for a laptop for 30 thousand rubles, the assembly is not done in the best way. No, it will not fall apart after 2-3 years of operation. But there are some errors. Therefore, the 2nd place in the top.
And the leader was a product from Asus.
This is a stylish, fairly compact laptop, which is definitely impossible to make claims in terms of assembly.
Among the main parameters are the following:
- 15.6-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels;
- well-implemented anti-reflective coating;
- Core i3 7020U as a processor;
- RAM for a good 8 GB;
- Nvidia GeForce MX230 graphics card;
- the hard drive is initially 1 TB;
- the webcam is quite simple, but of high quality;
- there is a built-in Wi-Fi module;
- island keyboard.
As for the autonomy, then everything is implemented at a good level. The battery capacity is quite good 4212 mAh. This is enough to work for 8-9 hours. Plus, it only takes 70 minutes to fully charge.
The manufacturer offers all this for 29 thousand rubles.
Now the second category. Here are collected more expensive models with improved characteristics.
This is 8 GB of RAM, 4-core processors, increased performance. Using such computers, you can safely run several programs at the same time and open a dozen windows in the browser. Laptops can handle it with dignity. Plus, these are solutions for working with more powerful programs, which are also widely used in studies.
HP 14S DQ1000
Nice, stylish laptop, deservedly opening the rating.
Of the features, the following can be distinguished:
- 14-inch display;
- IPS matrix;
- screen resolution 1920х1080;
- multiple ports including USB 3.2, USB C 3.2, HDMI, etc .;
- 4-core 8-thread processor up to 3.6 GHz;
- 8 GB dedicated to RAM;
- capacious battery for 10 hours of battery life;
- 256 GB SSD storage.
It is important to consider that the indicated 3.6 GHz frequencies are relevant for the overclocking mode. And so the parameters start at 1 GHz. And this is the main drawback of the device, because of which the device was only in 5th place in the rating. Although some will not like the fact that there is no LAN connector. Wireless connection only.
All this pleasure will cost from 32 thousand rubles. Not a bad investment for the next few years of study. But there are also slightly better options.
Acer Extensa 215 51G
Do not be surprised, since this same model was present in the previous rating.
But in the case of the mid-budget segment, a modification costing about 38 thousand rubles is being considered. And here the characteristics are somewhat different. Namely:
- Full HD display with a diagonal of 15.6 inches;
- clear picture with anti-reflective coating;
- processor from the Core i5 series;
- processor frequency 1.6-4.2 GHz, which is also 4-core and 8-thread;
- 8 GB was allocated for RAM;
- a solid state drive (SSD) with a good 256 GB is used.
The keyboard is island-style, although not the best in the collection. Suitable for work and study. Works quickly, can function for a long time without recharging. Some people complain about the insufficiently bright screen.
HP Pavilion 15 CS2000
A product developed by HP broke into the top three.
Here I would like to note right away that this is not the best example in terms of power. But if you consider a laptop from the perspective of using it for study, more is not required.
Among the main advantages, it is worth focusing on the following:
- 15.6-inch display;
- the screen has a Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels;
- the display is based on a bright IPS matrix;
- built-in webcam with HD resolution;
- 2-core processor;
- 4 GB dedicated to RAM.
Yes, the characteristics look weak compared to the competitor. But then again, in the laptop category for study, that’s enough.
Plus, the model has a very high-quality and comfortable keyboard, a reliable and responsive touchpad. It takes only 40 minutes to charge up to 50%. The device can work autonomously for 9 hours.
Raise the manufacturer’s capacity, the price of 37 thousand rubles would look natural. And so only 3rd place.
Another worthy representative of the segment of mid-budget laptops, aimed at schoolchildren and students for the most part.
According to the characteristics, there is such a situation:
- display on an IPS matrix with a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels;
- bright, clear picture;
- Core i3 processor;
- 4 GB as RAM;
- rich equipment with boards;
- built-in webcam;
- integrated card reader;
- good quality dynamics;
- SSD 256 GB;
- high-quality case.
The whole picture is spoiled by only one nuance. This is a 2-core processor. The rest is an excellent laptop for 35 thousand rubles.
Acer Swift 3 SF314-58
As a result, the leader of the rating was the Swift 3 manufactured by Acer.
And here are some explanations why this model was put on the first line of the ranking of mid-budget notebooks for study:
- compact body;
- high-quality and relatively small 14-inch screen;
- the display is built on the basis of an IPS matrix;
- Full HD screen resolution;
- beautiful bright display with matte finish and excellent viewing angle;
- a solid set of interfaces;
- weight not exceeding 1600 grams;
- Core i5 acts as a processor;
- 4-core and 8-thread processor with a frequency of 1.6 to 4.2 GHz;
- very decent 8GB RAM plus expandable up to 16GB.
As such, this device has no serious shortcomings.
Yes, it is also the most expensive laptop in the collection. They will ask for it from 43 thousand rubles.
The range of laptops that can be an excellent learning solution is much wider. But here are good models that have won popularity and user acceptance. Yes, they do not have exorbitant characteristics. But this is a combination of low prices, average performance, the ability to work on the Internet, with various programs and editors. If the student also expects to play, then you need to look at the more expensive and productive category of laptops.